1.2 Because of the financial nature of the FA's business, FA's products and services are not designed to appeal to or to be sold to persons under the age of 18. Therefore, FA does not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
2. What information the FA collects and what does the FA do with it
2.1 To take advantage of some of the services offered via this Web Site you may be required to log on or register with the Web Site. The FA and any third parties who hosts or maintains this Web Site may need to collect information about you and your computer to enable you to do so. The information will be collected when you register with the Web Site or when you choose to use one of the services available via the Web Site.
2.2 The FA may use the information which it collects to personalise your experience on the Web Site, to help you to log-in in future, to continue to use the Web Site, and to help the FA select services or materials for inclusion on the Web Site which may be of interest to you. The FA may, from time to time, use your information to recommend other products or services to you. Occasionally, the FA may contact you by letter, telephone or e-mail to inform you about other products and services which may be of interest to you. To exercise your right to "opt out" of this service you should contact the FA via the link shown below.
2.3 The FA may use your information to notify you of news about the FA, changes to the Web Site, special events or new services that the FA thinks may interest you. If, at any time, you would rather not receive any such information, please either tick any relevant "opt-out" box on the page where you are asked to give your information or you may contact the FA via the link shown below. In these circumstances, the FA will need to keep your information on file so that you can continue to use the Web Site and so that the FA can deal with the administration and security of the Web Site, but the FA will not e-mail you or contact you by telephone, fax or post without your consent.
2.4 The nature of the FA's business is such that the FA may on occasion ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (for example, questions relating to your health where that information is required in order to provide life insurance quotations). Where the FA does so, the FA will request your explicit consent to the use of such sensitive personal data. Where you consent to provide the FA with this information the FA will take appropriate measures to protect such sensitive personal data.
2.5 The FA or third parties hosting servers on the FA's behalf may also monitor traffic patterns and usage of the Web Site to help it to improve the Web Site design and lay out.
2.6 Please note that the FA is not responsible for what any third party content provider or other third party offering goods and services via web sites linked to this Web Site may propose to do with information about you. So please ensure you read their terms and conditions carefully.
3. Sharing of Information with Third Parties
3.1The FA will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than as described in this clause (unless it is legally required to do so). The FA may need to pass your information to third parties who help the FA to maintain, administer or develop the Web Site but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. In addition, the FA may provide aggregate statistics about its customers, sales, traffic patterns and related Web Site information to reputable third-parties, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
3.2 The FA reserves the right to access and disclose personal data or information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly, or to protect itself or its users.
4. Your Consent
4.1 You acknowledge and agree that:4.1.1 in the course of registering or using this Web Site and any services offered via this Web Site, certain information about you will be captured electronically (including sensitive personal data where required, but this will be subject to you giving your explicit consent in such cases) or otherwise and transmitted to the FA or and, potentially, to any third parties as set out above, or to third parties who host the FA's web servers or assist the FA in maintaining this Web Site; and
5. Contests and Competitions
From time-to-time the FA may request information from users for the purposes of running contests or competitions. Participation in these contests or competitions is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice regarding whether or not to disclose this information.
6. FA's Responsibilities - How does the FA protect user information?
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, the FA follows strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have provided via this Web Site, to prevent unauthorised access.
7. What are 'Cookies' and how does the FA use them?
7.1 A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your Web browser. On visiting the Web Site, your computer server will use the cookie to guarantee a secure connection. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of this Web Site.
This Web Site contains links to other web sites. Please be aware that the FA cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. The FA encourages its users to be aware when they leave the Web Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web Site.
11.Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Mortgage Matters’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 12E Manor Road, London N16 5SA.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.